I mean that’s pretty much it. Get Steve Carrel to play his character Michael Scott from The Office and give him lines from Trump.
- “You know what uranium is, right? It’s a thing called nuclear weapons and other things like lots of things are done with uranium including some bad things.” -IFLScience
- From CNN:
“I was sitting at the table. We had finished dinner. We’re now having dessert. And we had the most beautiful piece of chocolate cake that you’ve ever seen and President Xi was enjoying it,” Trump said, before telling interviewer Maria Bartiromo he was told the strike was ready to go.Trump added that he told Xi that the United States had “just fired 59 missiles … heading to Iraq,” incorrectly identifying the country he was striking when relaying the story to Bartiromo.
- In a speech to the Coast Guard
- “Look at the way I have been treated lately, especially by the media. No politician in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse, or more unfairly.”
- “Well, er, it wasn’t, er, it wasn’t very stupid, I can tell you that. [In response to the interviewer suggesting that his tweeting that there were tapes was a smart tactic]” -Fox Entertainment
- “We have a very good relationship. People say we have the best relationship of any President-President, because he’s called President also. Now some people might call him the King of China, but he’s called President. ” -Fox Entertainment
- “Our country’s really in bad, big trouble. We have a lot of trouble. A lot of problems. And one of the big problems, I talk about, divisiveness. I think that a lot of people will appreciate … I’m not doing it for that reason. I’m doing it because it’s time to go in a different direction.” -NYT
- (With this quote, you can even imagine continuing in Michael Scott’s voice with something like “I talk about divisiveness, to talk about unity. A lot of people will keep talking about divisiveness and divide. But I’m going to keep talking about divisiveness and unite. You could even call me…the Uniter in Chief.”
- Any Donald Trump “word salad” speech, but instead of a large audience, in a small conference room
No conversation on Trump is complete without mentioning his extreme racism and sexism. Michael Scott, as offensive as he is, does not say things a white supremacist would say. So how would Michael Scott handle being given Trump’s horrifying lines and tweets?
I believe Michael Scott would say to the “documentary team” filming him that he refuses to say these things. I think it would be weirdly powerful to have Michael Scott, a beloved character from a beloved show, reject these hateful lines.